A great opportunity to give the motorcycle a good spring clean.
So, here is the mission
- strip down without taking the engine to bits
- investigate the fuel tank for blocked pipes
- give it a nice Spring Service (Fresh oil, Filters, Plugs, Coolant)
- Check Electrics and re-seat all connections
- give it a thorough cosmetic clean and optimistically start the bike and take it for a ride
I’m in no rush so can strip down and take my time. Knowing nothing about bike mechanics, beyond my teenage experience of oil changes in my Mk1 Ford Escort, it’s going to be fun.
So, got myself a Haynes Manual for the Yellow Peril on good trusty old eBay and it’s time for some Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Mechanics…
Thanks to Joe, a top bloke who is a room mate for my brother in law, I bribed him with copious bottles of Strongbow to spend an afternoon over here helping me strip it down without breaking anything.
Thanks for the help Joe you bugger!! That looked like a motorcycle an hour ago… turn up… drink my cider… dismantle my bike… scratch yer head… drink another cider… give up and go home… Git!
Of course, more realistically, it may not start ever again but we shall see.
I’m irrationally optimistic. 😉