I TOLD MY 1978 911 SC LAST YEAR 🙁 SO ignore this request!!Me. Remorsefully.
When I say “local” I mean here in Las Vegas NV. When I say “help me” I mean you do the work and I pay you (and supply the coffee). You must know the older 911 SC and 911 Carrera air-cooled engines in detail.
The Story so far…. if you havent been to this blog before… I have a 1978 911 Targa with an unmodified 3.0 Engine. Previous owner attempted to fit replacement fuel tank a few years ago, life got in the way and he gave up. From the various stories I’ve heard this years period could be anything from 5 to 10 years of sitting neglected! It’s sat in a field in a dusty sulk since then. Now its sad, sun damaged and very neglected. On the plus side its solid, rust free and waiting to be resurrected. Apparently it ran ok back then.
So I got it for a good price and now I want to get it back on the road so I can drive it and then see what it really needs doing or upgrading….
This is what I know needs fixing:
- fuel tank taken out, blasted, coated and partially refitted (missing a few nuts and bolts)
- new fuel injector in box ready to be fitted
- airbox taken off and need refitting
- electrical work – wiring visually looks ok but I suspect it needs replacing because fuses look ridiculously old fashioned.
- need a battery and it has an old 1980’s alarm fitted (which I would like removed)
- Possibly needs replacement rubber or plastic parts that have corroded or aged? I just dont know.
- respray and interior leather rework – it will need both these but thats for later…
SO – I NEED A VEGAS BASED PORSCHE MECHANIC WITH GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF EARLY 911 SC ENGINES.
I want to (a) get it running and then (b) we can figure out what other work needs doing.
My focus is to get it back on the road as a regular driver – I dont want a concourse car, just a running retro 911. I’ve owned a couple of early 911’s 3.2 but this is my first 3.0 911.
I clearly need help but this can be done in evenings, weekends or whenever. I’m flexible.
Fancy a challenge?
DO NOT CONTACT ME BECAUSE I GAVE UP NOT FINDING A MECHANIC AND SOLD IT if you are up for it – we can arrange an hourly price or even fixed rate for different things.
PS: if you are a SHOP that does this kind of work please contact me and lets find a quote. I’m serious about getting this car on the road, it’s a solid good looking car and it’s been left to sulk for tooo long.
PPS: Are you a mechanic working for one of the Las Vegas Porsche or any Porsche Servicing specialist shops and looking for a side-gig or some overtime work? Let me know and earn some $$ on the side…