Back into the wonderful world of grin inducing Porsche driving
After being carless for a week and trying to decide what to buy – I bought this 2006 Porsche Cayenne S of an old friend… well, actually an ex-girlfriend who had bought this car because she loved my old silver one so much.
Luckily for me, she has a new job with a company car so the Porker is surplus to her requirements. I helped her choose this one, so I know its a solid reliable car and hopefully it will be solid and reliable for me while I lick my wounds and gradually payoff my backlog of Audi repair debt.
Affectionately title “Bertha” the only problem with this old girl is that she lives in South Carolina and I live in Nevada.
This sounds like a quick cross country roadtest :
- New battery (flat after sitting idle for 4 months)
- New tires (they were bald as a coot)
- Oil change (sludgy sludgy)
- Repair stereo head-unit (which had expired when her teenage had tried installing it)
- Investigate the occasionally-functioning AIRCON (this could be a big deal but I think I’ve fixed by replacing the switch 🙂 )
After flying out to South Carolina I realized I hadn’t bought my webcam so was unable to video the 3 day, 2700 mile cross country spring. Probably just as well #officer.