So, I have a really big head and I mean a really big head. I had never found a baseball cap that fit me until I found Big Head Caps. I mean… Honestly… my head is so big it has small moons orbiting it.
In the UK I used to wear an Arai DS which was a great helmet but was always slightly too tight on me. I removed the cheek pads and was just never too happy with the fit. I do have a long oval shaped head. When the Arai-DS (XXL) finally started to show its age it’s replacement was an Arai Signet (XXXL). I hunted high and low for a 3XL helmet and the Signet was the only big size lid on the Market. It’s got a basic style and was available in two exciting colours of either black or white. 🙁
The 3XL Signet is slightly bigger than the 2XL DS but the face length was actually slightly shorter – only noticeable because my chin actually presses against the chin guard when I’m riding. This is slightly uncomfortable at speed and obviously dangerous – but if I wanted to ride with a full face it was my only choice (or so I thought)
Anyway, three Years later the Arai Signet is now also starting to show its age. Internal padding is wearing very lightly and… well… I just fancied a new helmet .
Then I saw this on ebay:
Vega New NBX-1 OffRoad Helmet Black Ripper Graphic (5XL)
Item Description and Features:
Condition: New in box
Model: NBX-I Off Road Motorcycle Helmet (3816-019)
Color: Black Ripper Graphic (This is only color with size over 3XL)
there are more to come, just visit my store!
Size: XXXXXLarge (5XL) Note: Available sizes : 3XL, 4XL, 5XL)
It came within a couple of days or ordering, brand new in its box. Delighted.
It’s definitely bigger than the Signet 3XL and definitely something that I will wear when I fancy a more open faced style. It’s got an oval head fit style and it quite similar to the Arai DS in internal shape.
It doesn’t feel quite as comfortable as my Arai’s but this could well be because it’s brand new and needs breaking in. But its definitely one of the biggest helmet I have worn. My only gripe is the fact that it’s advertised as X-X-X-X-X-L which at FIVE TIMES EXTRA LARGE should be just incredibly and stupidly huge.
But in reality its kind of like a 4XL.
However, for a hundred bucks? If you want the option of an open face lid then this could be the one for you…
If you are a fellow Moon Head then check it out just get down your local store or take a risk and order one…
I’ve found a new Helmet – its 4Xl and definitely the biggest standard full face helmet around.
For details on my new and current Fave Big Head Helmet just click here
AFX FX-MAGNUS FULL FACE HELMET BLACK XXXXL
Wow! What a great Helmet. Encouraged by my recent acquisition of the 5Xl Open Face Vega I thought I would risk a couple of dollars on the AFX and I’m delighted I did.
And an incredible price on Fleabay:
Model: FX-MAGNUS FULL FACE HELMET
Size: XXXXL / XXXX-LARGE
* An aerodynamic shell design constructed using fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP).
* A helmet liner and cheek pads made with a hypoallergenic and anti-microbial nylon, all of which are removable and washable.
* Provides ample ear cavity space for speakers.
* A flush-fit, side-coverless face shield that is optically correct, compound-curved, scratch-resistant and protects against UV-rays.
* Same outer shields, optional shields and ratchet kits as our FX-90/FX-100 helmet model.
* 7 points of ventilation with chin, side, rear & forehead vents.
* AFX DOT/ECE-approved cam buckle quick-release chinstrap retention system.
* A clear coat finish to protect paint & graphics.
* Comes with a cloth carrying bag.
* Comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
* This helmet model meets or exceeds both ECE 22.05 and DOT FMVSS-218 motorcycle helmet safety standards.
This is the biggest and most comfortable helmet I’ve found yet.
It’s Full Face and feels about 10% bigger than the Arai Signet 3XL.
Even though its marked as 4Xl it feels about the same size as the 5XL Vega but is in my preferred standard full face race helmet style.
I’m so pleased, I have already ordered a second one just to keep it as backup.